Chhattisgarh government directed primary and upper primary schools to change timings
Raipur: In view of intense heat conditions in the state, the Chhattisgarh government has directed all primary and upper primary schools to change their timings.
According to officials, an order was issued by school education department yesterday directing all schools, including private ones, to alter timings.
As per the order, timing of primary (from class I-V) and upper primary (from VI-VII) has been made from 7 AM to 9:30 AM, officials said today.
In schools that run classes in two shifts, timing of upper primary classes has been fixed from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
The order has been issued to all district collectors, zila panchayat CEOs and district education officers.
The exemption is not applicable to secondary and senior secondary classes.
According to the Meteorological Centre here, Raipur today recorded a maximum temperature of 42.1 degree Celsius, while Bilaspur stood at 41.9 degree Celsius; Ambikapur 38.6 degree Celsius and Jagdalpur at 41.6 degree Celsius.
(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Gadgets: Reliance Jio Goes Paid, Here Are the Plans on Offer
- Offbeat: BookMyBai Bans Bollywood Celebrities From Using Its Services. Here's Why
- Movies: Gauri Khan Designs Karan Johar's Terrace. See Pics
- In 5 Years, Number Of Students In Government Schools Fell By 13 Million, Finds Study
- India Meteorological Department Warns Of Heatwave Conditions In Telangana
- Delhi Summer Tips: 8 Easy Ways to Beat the Heat
Share this story on