Meerut Renowned Pediatrician, Dr. Anuj Rastogi Receives Immense Appreciation On Linkedln - Know Why
An 8-month-old baby was playing with a pendant and accidentally put it in his mouth. He swallowed the locket and it got stuck in his throat. He choked! Know how intelligently Dr. Anuj Rastogi handled this sensitive matter.
This case is not as simple as it seems. Assessing the gravity of the case Pediatrician, Dr. Anuj Rastogi took LinkedIn profile to share this case accomplishment and teaching lesson in order to minimize the possibility of such cases in the future.
There are many parents who unknowingly put their child in problems by not giving proper attention. The same thing happens in this case, the mother does not pay attention to what her child is playing and what he is playing with. When the child swallowed the pendant and the neck get Choked, their mother came to the senses that the child had put something in the mouth. Then she rushed to Dr. Anuj Rastogi's OPD for the right and quick treatment. Immediately, he gets X-rays done to ascertain the exact position of the pendant. A sharp-edged pendant can be seen in the neck region. Without a moment's delay, he did an endoscopy to take out the locket.
Dr. Anuj Rastogi shared the complexity of the matter on a LinkedIn post saying that "During the procedure, the most challenging part was removing the locket without internal injury. When I grasped the locket, I could not move it at all. It was stuck up there, and would easily tear the food pipe if we applied the slightest force."
But as a doctor, he was determined to save the child. Hence, with the positive mindset and encouragement of his companion anesthesiologist, Dr. Gagandeep Singh Bajaj, he carried out this non-surgical operation successfully.
Dr. Anuj Rastogi mentioned in the same post that "It was his experience and spirits that brought back my courage. I gathered myself, chanted all mantras I knew of, and gave it the best try - and we finally could pull it out. The child was safe! "
He thanked Dr. Gagandeep’s able support and Dr. J. Jamal Zaidi for showing confidence in his team.
This is how he saves the child's life and also advises all parents to "Watch out! What is your baby playing with? There should not be any small objects within the reach of your child which he/she can put in the mouth. Most of the time you have no clue what happened and the child lands up into some serious accident."